For your safety, Rinnai tankless water heaters come with a maximum temperature default setting of 120℉ to help prevent scalding. However, by following these simple steps, you can increase the temperature to 140℉ if you choose.
Flow the six (6) step process to adjust your temperature:
1. Unplug the unit. For safety, always unplug any appliance before continuing.
2. Remove the front cover by removing the screws behind the plastic tabs on the 4 corners of the plate.
3. Locate the dip switches, which are located under the bottom right corner beneath the label.
4. Find dip switch number 6 and turn it on. You may use a small screwdriver if necessary.
5. Replace the front cover, securing it with the screws and reclip the plastic tabs.
6. Plug the unit back in.
Now you can increase the temperature to 140℉ on the front face of the unit.
Need more help? Click here for a helpful video detailing the process.